[pct-l] Dude Hiking - Scott Williamson's Worksops

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Tue Dec 19 19:26:00 CST 2006

It would be tough to find someone who has as much hands on experience with
the PCT as Scott Williamson has. If you were to have someone hold a clinic
on the topic of hiking the PCT, Scott would be at the top of my list.

When you see a clinic for hiking the PCT, or Yogi selling handbooks, or the
ADZPCTKO hand picking vendors to participate at the gathering, a new phrase
is dying to be introduced:

"Dude Hiking"

Any avid equestrian would probably roll their eyes at the notion of spending
their time and hard earned dollars at a 'Dude Ranch'. So it would be with
the independent hiker who hikes because they enjoy it.

With that, I wish the above mentioned a profitable future.

Note: I intentianlly omitted Ned Tibbits Mountaineering School, as I feel
such an institution is truly a great benefit to the inexperienced, early
season hiker.

Scott Parks