[pct-l] (no subject)

msarahm at cox.net msarahm at cox.net
Thu Dec 14 12:32:45 CST 2006

Courtney,

There is at least a pound of difference between the Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 and the Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 Superlight, sometimes noted as SL.  I'm not sure what's different in the design, but you'll want to know which one you are looking at.

I've had the superlight 1 for a couple of years, and like it, but I haven't been in a really big storm in it.  It is a freestanding tent, but the sides are pretty droopy if you don't peg it out.  It's quick to set up.   There's room under the vestibule for my boots and empty pack.  I've carried it for some week-long jaunts in the Sierras, Washington State, and for two weeks on the Tahoe Rim Trail, but not for an extended trip like the PCT.  I can't comment on the other models you mention.

I hope this helps

Sarah

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:55:54 +0900
> From: "Courtney Caryl" <kotoni at gmail.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] Tent-picking
> To: pct-l at backcountry.net

<snip> ...

> These are the tents I am looking at. I've seen some cheaper at other
> websites, but since I have the giftcard I'd like to use it.
>
> 1. Sierra Designs Light Year CD tent
> 2. Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 tent (there is an '05 edition in the Outlet store
> which is 3 ounces heavier and about $60 cheaper)
> 3. REI Chrysalis UL tent
> 4. REI Roadster UL tent

<snip>