[pct-l] Elitism & Hiking Prejudices

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Dec 13 10:15:57 CST 2006

Dec. 9,  2006  Switchback on Postholer.com wrote in '' Elitism on the
trail.''
To often we find gear elitism, hiking style prejudices and other selfish
opinions in the hiking community.
The jealousies run amok in the hiking community.
Hikers will criticize each other 50 years from now...........

---------------

So true Switchback, unfortunate but true.
Most of the time it is a case of sour grapes.
The way I see it, not all things in nature are created equal.
''Some of us are born with 4 cylinders some of us are born with 8
cylinders''.
There are RABBITS and  there are TURTLES.
The 4 cylinders will forever complain the 8 cylinders are going to fast.
The TURTLES, lumbering along under their heavy armor,will always chasticize
the RABBITS for  going to light, unprotected, and to fast to enjoy their
journey.
Who is to say which is the proper way?
Who is to say if the TURTLES enjoy their journey more than the RABBITS?

I say '' HYOH '' and to h...l what everybody else thinks or says.

JMT Reinhold
Your inhibited and shy TURTLE trail companion