[pct-l] Sigh

Wayne Kraft WayneSKraft at comcast.net
Mon Dec 4 22:11:18 CST 2006

Well, I guess I have to go.  I have really enjoyed this list over
all, but some folks just seem to want to wave a red flag.  I have
tried to be docile, but it is not in my nature.  I argue.  I did it
for awards and scholarships in high school.  I've done it for a
living most of my life. I slay rhetorical dragons. It's what I do.
Most of the "dragons" on this list are really more akin to
earthworms, but I draw my sword anyway.  See, there I go again. It is
a character flaw.  And what's even worse, I'm not all that thick-
skinned about it.  It really bothers me that my mode of expression
might be so offensive as to force someone else to quit the list.  So,
if I can't behave myself I have to leave.

Here's the problem,though:  There is some really good stuff on this
list that ought to be preserved.  As I understand it, however, the
list is not being archived responsibly and most of it has been lost.
Over the last year or so I've tried to save some of the good stuff in
a searchable format right here on my little laptop so as not to be
dependent on someone else to preserve it.  I can't do that if I'm not
subscribed. I can go to what's left of the archives, but I never know
when it will go poof.

So I'm going to stay on the list for a few more days in hopes someone
more tech savvy than me will post some ideas about how I might go
about backing up the archives myself.

Thanks.

Wayne Kraft