[pct-l] JON & ODE COYOTE

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Dec 2 16:09:41 CST 2006

First of all, Nov. 26, 2006 I posted Ode Coyote skipped 5 ft of the CDT. I
meant to say 5 miles.
Second , this post is a response to ''Listo'' (Adam) and the ''Ode Coyote''
controversy.

That is right ''Listo''  I am preaching ''love and acceptance,'' especially
for the true meaning of  ''HYOH''  which, according to your statement...
''I am confused why anybody would want to speed hike the JMT''....
apparently you don't fully comprehend.
In nature things are not always created equal.

I like the way  Lance Armstrong puts it........''some of us are born with 4
cylinders, some of us are born with 8 cylinders''

There are rabbits and there are turtles, they each enjoy their journey in
their own way.
You remind me off the turtle chasticizing the rabbit for going to fast and
not enjoying his journey.
Who is to say which way is the proper way or if turtles enjoy their journey
more than rabbits?
Who is to say how to hike, why to hike or how to enjoy a hike?
Who is to say awarding hiking awards or any awards for extraordinary
achievements is right or wrong?
Is it wrong to award awards to scientists, doctors, athletes etc. for
extraordinary achievements?
Is it wrong to award  passing grade awards or diplomas to students or any
scholar?

It appears to me that society as a whole is designed to reward extraordinary
achievements with awards.
So what is wrong with awarding a Triple Crown award for extraordinary hiking
achievements?

I  say  ''HYOH''  and to h.....l what everybody  else thinks or says.
You want to hike like a rabbit, go for it.
You want to hike like a turtle, be my guest.
Are you proud of the award, by all means accept it.
You don't want any awards, that's OK, nobody will hold it against you.

''JUST  DON'T  TELL  ME  HOW  I  SHOULD  HIKE  OR  ENJOY  MY  HIKE''

Listo, sadly, there are a couple other issues besides speed hiking, which I
will not go into at this time, which
you seem to be confused about.

Cheers Listo, hope to see you on the trail some day so we can put our heads
together and set this world straight.

JMT REINHOLD
Your believe in  ''HYOH'' trail companion and support our troops advocate.

Sadly