[pct-l] RE peace love and happiness

Adam Bradley tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 13:01:17 CST 2006

I found this post by old semper fi himself a little
confusing.  Is he preaching love and acceptance?  If
so I agree 100%.  But I am a little confused
especially when he was preaching this to me last week:

The troops don't set policy, they just go werever they
are ordered to
go, so
if you don't agree with the administrations policy
don't fault the
troops
fault the administration.
It's a free country and you are free to disagree.
Just remember it's the troops that assure that freedom
and without our
troops we would not be free very long.

JMT Reinhold

I remember a bud of mine in high school said fighting
for freedom was like screwing for virginity.  Not
logical.  Also, in philisophy I remember learning
about Kant.  He said there would not be wars if it
where not for people going to them.  I have total
control over my being and my actions.  I am not a
sucker who would give up those rights to the
government, then blame them when I am sent some where
I don't want to go.

After reflecting on my difficulties with folks on the
pct l, I decided it is more important to live up to my
ideals than to make a big stink about it.

And for those who dont want to be part of the list
because of bickering, go for it!  You can spare the
list the drama.  But before quitting the list consider
this:  I didn't bump into any of these folks on trail
this year.  It could be possible the only connection
many of them have to the trail is through this list.

On another note I have been totally confused as to why
anyone would want to speed hike the JMT!

Keep up the good work,
Listo