[pct-l] Cows

Ken Powers kdpo at gottawalk.com
Wed Aug 30 14:54:36 CDT 2006

Here is the link from East Bay Regional Parks District:
http://www.ebparks.org/parks/ohlone.htm . You might also be interested in
other EBRP trails. We find them to run from short and easy to killers. And
we keep learning more about the East Bay on their trails.

The hike from Del Valle to Sunol is 20 miles and a killer hike. Lots of
elevation gain and usually quite hot in the summer. Bring lots of water! The
entry fee to the park (either Del Valle or Sunol) get you a map and the
permit to hike the trail.

I started hiking it with boy scouts, then Marcia found out about the hike.
It is now one of our favorite training hikes. We even met Flying Brian on
top of Rose Peak one of our last times out there.

I tell Marcia when she gets old and loses her memory we will start at Sunol
and hike to Del Valle to camp. That night I will erase the pictures on her
camera and the next day we will hike back to Sunol. We will camp there and I
will erase the pictures on her camera. Do you see where this is going? Every
few days we will drive to town and re-supply. We are sure she will say, "
This area reminds me of somewhere we have hiked before. But I don't remember
where."

Ken