[pct-l] Timberline Lodge to Cascade Locks

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 23:32:34 CDT 2006

Sorry about the interstate highway confusion.  I am so old and have
lived around here so long that I can recall when the highway was
called I-90 and have never grown accustomed to the change.  Sometimes
my typing fingers seem to have a mind of their own.  Thanks for
correcting the record.  I think this would be an easy place to yogi a
ride to Cascade Locks if you are not a purist and I guess a really
obsessive sort would not deign to set foot upon the Eagle Creek
alternate route in the first place.  I wanted to be able to tell the
folks at work that I'd walked from Timberline Lodge to Cascade Locks
without any caveats or reservations, so I walked there.  Such is the
pathetic state of my own vanity.  I could have easily told my wife
and daughter to meet me at the Eagle Creek trailhead.  Due to the
lack of a west-bound (Portland) on ramp at Eagle Creek, they would
also have been required to pass by the venerable Charburger.  By the
way, I doubt the Charburger is the finest eatery in Cascade Locks,
but it has the advantage being the first one you come to and has a
magnificent view of the Columbia River that I think would be
impossible to duplicate due to strict federal regulations restricting
development in the gorge.  My sophisticated 16-year-old daughter does
not like the Charburger's food and sniffed that this would be a good
location for a "nice" restaurant.

Wayne Kraft