[pct-l] VVR to Auberry/Fresno

cmkudija at earthlink.net cmkudija at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 23 01:32:07 CDT 2006

Not that this is an exact match of the route you're looking at, but on
Sunday I drove to Florence Lake for a Muir Trail Ranch package drop-off
(didn't want to trust the mails) and spent about 2.5 hours from Madera, 30
miles north of Fresno.  The last 15 miles or so from Huntington Lake was on
a one-lane road and took about an hour.  I'd imagine that this road (the
Kaiser Pass road) is pretty much like the challenging road to VVR I've heard
about.  It was scenic and gorgeous, and most people coming the other way
were polite, not forcing me off the road.   I returned to the 99 via 168
through Clovis; seemed like it took another 3 hours or so.

Hope this helps...

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California