[pct-l] Painted Tent Stakes

Wells moremoxa at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 01:29:05 CDT 2006

Howdy Switchback,
    I had my stakes painted at KM in June.  I brought them home and framed them... so they would remain in perfect condition till I sell them on ebay for a supper whole bunch  of money to pay for my futer hiking adventures.  I do realize they are like a good wine, and it will be several years before they are vintage enough to get big money.    Sorry I am unable to give you feedback on chipping at this time.
    As always,
  Ellie Mae

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
  Say, I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the tent stakes I painted at
the Kickoff in April and painted at KM in June are still holding up. In
fact, any tent stakes I have painted the last several years.

I paint tent stakes for hikers with reflective orange paint and with a clear
coating over them for a little extra protection.

I know that if you pound them into the ground with a rock, they will chip at
the top. You only need a little paint left on them to see them at night
with a headlamp or in the early morning laying on the ground as you break camp.

Just wondering if I could get some feedback.

Thanks, Switchback
Leonardo De Vinci of the Trail

unsubscribe or change options: