[pct-l] Gutsy @ Manning Park

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 20:03:42 CDT 2006

 Guess what!  Gail reached Manning Park a couple of hours ago.  She started her section hike at Willamette Pass, OR on about July 14 and has been working hard at it and going strong and steady.  The toughest day was Sunday.  With the sun in her eyes at a trail junction, she took a wrong turn and ended up at Cutthroat Lake and lost about 3 hours.  Later that day she tripped and fell hard.  There were other hardships that day that I don't remember, but she still did 28 miles.  Another hiker met her near Cutthroat Pass and emailed me a photo and word of her progress.

Not sure why, but she did not meet the southbound Scott W., but maybe because she camped off trail near Rainy Pass.

She wants to fill in her last missing section before coming home--Sonora Pass to Truckee, CA, 140 miles.  There will undoubtedly be more hikers in that area.

 Gutsy's Dan