[pct-l] Cracked feet Question

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 21:01:44 CDT 2006

Returned from 900 miles of hiking two weeks ago with hardly a problem with my feet.  My skin did get very thick.  Since my return on my my left HEEL there is a 1/2 crack that hurts when I walk especially when I put shoes on.  It looks like the crack occured where an OLD blister kind of got caulloused over.  Since my hike I have been wearing mostly sandles or barefeet.  I am fearful that this crack - because of where it is will NOT heal and will get bigger - maybe even infected.  I thought there might be some skin like "super glue" that might fix this problem and am counting on the experts here to have some good advice.

  SB