[pct-l] Backcountry Net Webpages

gwtmp01 at mac.com gwtmp01 at mac.com
Mon Aug 21 09:11:17 CDT 2006

On Aug 20, 2006, at 3:29 PM, The Weathercarrot wrote:
> All the friends.backcountry.net sites were lost completely. Ryan
> didn't have
> them backed up, so it's up to each person to restore their own
> sites if they
> had it backed up on their own.

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine might help recover some of these:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://friends.backcountry.net

I tried to dig up WC's map 19. It seems like it is archived but not
accessible
right now.  Archive.org has a pretty elaborate system for archiving
and if
a particular server is down then particular files can't be retrieved.

Here is a link to the index for WC's snowmap directory:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://friends.backcountry.net/snowmaps

WC, I'd suggest contacting them if this doesn't clear up in a few days.

Gary Wright (Radar)