[pct-l] Lithium batteries & Garmin GPS

Dave Brunjes dbrunjes1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 18:49:20 CDT 2006

The lithium batteries are lighter, and last longer.
For general use, we use NiMH batteries and just charge
them when needed.  For longer trips, we have a couple
sets of Energizer lithium batteries.  They worked just
fine in both of our Garmin Legend CX and Legend C.
I'd guess it comes down to length of trip, and if you
care about a few fractions of an ounce in battery
weight.  Most times, I'd say stick with the NiMH.

Guinness - PCT '05