[pct-l] New to the list

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Aug 15 19:48:06 CDT 2006

Trail Journals is not down. I was just there reading Pygmy's journal.

For good info on beginning hiking -- read Ray Jardine and also Colin
Fletcher's Complete Walker.  Two very different philosophies and
approaches to gear and hiking. Follow along some of the discussions
here. Check out the archives.  Lots of topics come up every month or
two, especially in the winter months when people are planning for the
next season.

Finally, get out and hike / backpack.  Do some short trips (like over
night or two) and mileage also and then increase as you gain experience.
If you can find a group to go with, do so. At least for a few trips.
More safety and you can see how many others do it.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>