[pct-l] Nemo's Side of the Story - an apology

yogi yogihikes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 15 14:50:28 CDT 2006

I apologize for jumping the gun on the Drakesbad
situation.  I was wrong to assume that the story I
read on PCT-L was true before I researched the facts.
Kudos to Weathercarrot and Radar for giving Nemo the
benefit of the doubt.

My reasoning was this:  I've heard from many reputable
sources about bad hiker behavior this hiking season.
The PCT is dear to my heart, and I tend to protect
those people/things that I love.  I assumed this
Drakesbad situation was just a continuation of the
behavior I've been hearing about on the PCT since
April.  Right or wrong, I felt the need to protect the
integrity of the trail.

Every time I respond passionately to something on the
PCT-L, Jerry Goller and Donna are quick to email me
privately that I've been scammed by another troll.
Looks like that happened again yesterday.  Maybe
before I get all feisty again, I should run my posts
through Jerry and Donna!

For the record, my book says this about Drakesbad:

"meals are reasonably priced"
"Apteryx and I ate breakfast and lunch half priced"
"they gave us a discount on our buffet"
"we got free prime rib"

So I suppose you could focus on one comment and read
that the food is free, but that's not what I meant to
imply.  The comment about free prime rib has been
removed from the next edition of the book.

Weathercarrot:  Please tell Nemo to not send me a
money order.  It was my decision to send the $30 to
Billie and Ed, and I never expected anyone to
reimburse me.  If I receive a money order, I will not
cash it.

Again, my apologies to everyone I may have offended.
Hats off to the hikers on the trail for making ammends
only hours after the situation occurred.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

--- The Weathercarrot <weathercarrot at hotmail.com>