[pct-l] Eating disorder on the trail

Tom Bache tbache at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 15 13:30:05 CDT 2006

Gee -- in all the excitement about "Trashing Nemo" (wasn't that a movie? Oh,
never mind) and trashing the trail, and trashing the businesses along the
trail, several people took the time to offer some advice about my inability
to eat more than a few nibbles on my short trips (up to a week).  That's the
best of the list to my way of thinking -- a novice hiker seeks advice from
others with more experience, and people offer what they have learned.

BTW:  I think it boils down to the assurance that I'll get hungry before I
die from malnutrition -- get pretty skinny too, I'll wager.

Tom Bache
San Diego

PS -- As far as that other stuff goes -- the Marine Corps has a saying,
"There's always that 10% that doesn't get the word."  I've found it useful
for keeping a realistic perspective in all areas of life.  It's good to
strive for perfection, but ......