[pct-l] Nemo & the Trail

Renee Patrick reneebeth2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 11:00:05 CDT 2006

As someone thru-hiking the trail this year, and hiking
with Nemo for the majority of the trail, I believe the
situation has been rectified, she was horrified to
find out that she had "walked out" after the fact.
She is one of the most upstanding people I have ever
met and please believe this was just a
misunderstanding.

As for the behavior of hikers this year, I can attest
that the majority of people out this year are not
leaving trash, in fact we pick it up when we see it,
pack it out, clean up after others.  Not having hiked
in previous years, I don't know if this is a trashier
year, but I don't think it even merits mention.  A gum
wrapper here and there is bound to happen, this is a
trail family and we like to watch out and help out
each other.

I am having a fantastic experience out here this year,
lets concentrate on what an amazing thing this trail
is.

She-ra