[pct-l] Ground transportation information needed -- Seattle to Truckee

Lonetrail at aol.com Lonetrail at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 09:33:13 CDT 2006

Greyhound to Truckee $79.50  If 10 days in advance $49.00 Greyhounds  general
# 800 231 2222 Seattle # 206 628 5526 Truckee # 530 587 3822   :

Gutsy's Dan asked about getting from up north to  Truckee.

Here is what I found on the Amtrak site:

Departing:  Seattle, WA (SEA)  to  Truckee, CA (TRU)

The choice is  to take the train to Sacramento and transfer
to a Thruway bus or wait a few  hours in Sacramento and take
the train Here is the way they list  it:

11 Coast
Starlight Seattle, WA  (SEA) 9:45 am  15-AUG-06
Sacramento, CA  (SAC)        6:15  am 16-AUG-06  20h 30m
3522 Thruway Bus
Sacramento, CA   (SAC)      10:00 am 16-AUG-06
Truckee, CA   (TRU)      12:45 pm 16-AUG-06  2h 45m

11 Coast Starlight
Seattle, WA     (SEA)   9:45 am 15-AUG-06
Sacramento, CA  (SAC)   6:15 am 16-AUG-06  20h 30m
6 California  Zephyr
Sacramento, CA  (SAC)      11:14 am  16-AUG-06
Truckee, CA     (TRU)        2:43 pm 16-AUG-06  3h 29m

Now all you have to  do is to figure out how to get from
Manning Park to Seattle.

Rob

<<<Gutsy wants to complete one  more section before
returning to SC--the 140-mile stretch between Sonora  Pass
and Truckee, and is considering doing it southbound.   That
would complete the PCT for her.

What's the best way to travel  from Manning Park to Soda
Springs/Truckee, CA?  I looked on the  Greyhound website and
they have no scheduled stop there.  Will the bus  stop on
request?  Would she have to buy a ticket to Reno?   Is
Amtrak train or bus available out of Sacramento?  I looked
at  the Amtrak schedule online but couldn't make heads or
tails out of  it.  Soda Springs and Truckee appear to be
scheduled stops.  I  could have puzzled over it longer, but
decided to consult the experts  (ya'll!) first.

Gutsy's  Dan

Do You  Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection  around
http://mail.yahoo.com
pct-l mailing  list
pct-l at backcountry.net
unsubscribe or change  options: