[pct-l] SuperSecrets Update

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 09:46:45 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

The  medical smell will be very appetizing to bears and that my friend may
not  be very healthy or safe in bear country.

-----------------------------
Actually, I think mister bear would  not like the smell of Bag Balm.  Since
it is on your feet, the smell really  does not have any affect on you.  Not
really a problem.

My big deal is catching up to Scott  on his Yo-yo hike.  I need to get down
to Campo and start north.  I  don't want to let him get too far ahead.  He has
a nice start and now is  the time to catch up and pass him.  I will time it,
so that I come into the  southern monument about 2 hours ahead of him.  This is
so cool.  I  will leave notes for him to find along the way saying that he
needs to pick up  the pace if he wants to catch me.

My other notes will say things  like: "You are not going to let an old man
beat you to Campo?"  "Hey, I am  getting tired of hiking this slow."  "I think I
will hike at night too,  just to make it interesting."  "I am drinking all
the water cashes up  ahead."  "I told all the Trail Angels that no one was
behind and to shut  down for the season."  "I find that I only need to sleep 3
hours per night  before I am refreshed and ready to go again."  "I am so far ahead
of you  that I am going to take a week off in Yosemite Valley at the Ahwahnee
Hotel in the Queen Elizabeth suite."

Yes, this will be a great victory  on the trail.  I will be there this year
when he comes in to the southern  terminus.  I was not there last year, but I
plan on being there this  year.  I want to welcome him for his second place
finish.

Switchback the Trail Pirate and  Ultra Yo-Yo Hiker