[pct-l] Marble Mountain Wilderness :: Sec Q is Closed!! due to fires!!

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Aug 9 18:28:51 CDT 2006

It has rained heavily lately on the Uncle fire along the Salmon river in the
Marbles, the main fire concern which is miles from the PCT; there is
virtually no smoke in the Marbles now. The risk in the last few days has
decreased dramatically. And yes, to hike the Marbles is a decision left to
each thruhiker, and if I had already walked 1500 miles to this point. I know
what I would do... and here's the best part, there's no one out there now!
it could be the best time in years to see the Marbles..