[pct-l] snow on the John Muir Pass

Sabina Saib sabina_saib at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 11:07:16 CDT 2006

I hiked along the trail from Reds Meadow to Vermillion
and only saw snow at the top of the mountains.  Others
said that there was little snow on Donahue pass  near
Toulumne.  I do not think you need to worry about
snow. There will be some, but not a great amount. The
mosquitoes were bad and although the ranger worried me
about stream crossings, they were not bad either.
In two weeks the mosquitoes should be gone too.
Sabina