[pct-l] august in WA -- rain pants?

Brad Evergreen bradevergreendvm at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 10:43:54 CDT 2006

It hasnt rained here in Northern washington for 6 days now.  That being said, if you have light weight rain pants, I'd bring them.  I am heading out tomorrow and I am bringing them.  They come in handy to keep the fern dew off of you in early morning.  Brad

Jon Danniken <danniken at comcast.net> wrote:  ----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah"
> Do I need to pack rain pants for an August walk in the North Cascades?
> Or can I get jump in my shelter if it pours without spending days on end
> in there?

Several days of rain are not unheard of _any_ time of year in the PNW, even
in July/August. That having been said, the odds are in your favor that it
won't, but it wouldn't hurt to bring *something* to keep you dry, even if
it's light and flimsy.

Jon

unsubscribe or change options: