[pct-l] Cliff Sign

Dust dustpct at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 16:21:50 CDT 2006

Darwin Award candidate.  He suffered mental anguish when he didn't succeed.

Sharon <chelin at teleport.com> wrote: Man falls off Mt. Hood cliff then sues gov't

10:18 AM PDT on Friday, August 4, 2006

Associated Press

An Oregon outdoors enthusiast is suing the federal government for not posting a danger warning next to a cliff in the Mount Hood National Forest.  Twenty-three-year-old Jerry Mersersau says he suffered "mental anguish" after trekking out in the dark to relieve himself and falling off a cliff in the national forest.  According to his lawsuit, Mersersau, who was not carrying a flashlight, fell about 20 to 30 feet onto a creek bed. Mersersau charges that the government should have known that the cliff posed a danger to campers.

(End)

OK folks, let me understand this:

1)  He camps next to a cliff.
2)  There is little or no moon at this time.
3)  He walks about at night without a flashlight.
4)  He steps off a cliff, because,
5)  There was no warning sign which he couldn't have seen even if one were there.

If the USFS were to take action in this matter, I expect instead of posting hundreds of hazard signs the approach would be to post a sign at each trailhead saying, No Peeing in Mt. Hood NF

Steel-Eye

unsubscribe or change options: