[pct-l] Mojave Planes

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 23:55:27 CDT 2006

Greetings,

I got a kick out of seeing the planes which were
parked in Mojave when I took a zero there in 2004.
There is a story about the planes at this link:

http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/2006/08/04/askthepilot197/

You might have to look at an ad to gain access to the
story.

I had an urge to go onto the parking aprons and play
on the planes. When I was a kid, long before the
security limits in place today, I snuck out on the
apron at Love Field in Dallas. This was shortly after
the 707s (first commercial jet) had been introduced.
It was a real kick. Rode the elevator up to the tower.
Got chewed out for that, but was allowed to stay
around afterwards.

There are some amazing and some strange things in
southern California, and I'm  not writing about us
Angelinos. Think about it: an airplane boneyard, the
Mansonesque hot springs, a dam with no water. That's
all I can think of now.

Best,
J J