[pct-l] Sony GPS tracker for photography

Linda Jeffers gottago at lindajeffers.com
Thu Aug 3 00:50:46 CDT 2006

I wish I’d had this on my 2002 hike. And
 it’s only 2 ounces.

Sony GPS <http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06080202sonygpscs1.asp>  tracker
for photography  SAN DIEGO, Aug. 1, 2006 – Sony Electronics today announced
a GPS device that puts your pictures on the map.

Using time and location recordings from Sony’s GPS-CS1 GPS device and the
time stamp from a Sony digital still camera or camcorder, photo buffs can
plot their digital images to a map and pinpoint exactly where they’ve been.

The 12-channel GPS unit is 3-½ inches long, weighs two ounces, and is sold
with a carabineer to easily attach to a backpack or a belt loop.

Gottago