[pct-l] The Monk

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Tue Aug 1 09:30:22 CDT 2006

Hi everyone

THE MONK, Father Andrew phoned last night from Mazama Village at the south
entrance to Crater Lake National Park. He had picked up his food box earlier
in the day and eaten some of it already. He did eat today at the restaurant
at Mazama Village.

He sounds good. We didn't talk very long as he said he was getting cold and
he was ready to get into his sleeping bag at a

Campsite there. I mentioned the Black Crater forest fire near Sisters,
Oregon and he said that a couple of hikers on the trail told him that the
PCT was closed by Santiam Pass. But he is sure that the fire will be
controlled and the trail open by the time he gets there in 14 days.

With all the triple digit temperatures we have been having in my locality
here in Idaho we have not ventured to far into the mountains however this
past weekend we managed a overnighter and was really pleased when the night
temps got down into the low 40's and we had to put on our fleece.

All for now.

Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)